Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Forty-nine will be a very good year...I can tell...



After all, wasn't it 1849 when we had the Gold Rush? Actually I don't know my history that well but it sounds good...

I haven't had the chance yet to put up the pix of the piece that I entered into Washington Pavillion's Punch Card exhibit, which was earlier in the year, so I will do that here. There were two punch cards in the entry envelope, so even though the rules said we only had to use one of the punch cards, I decided to use both and make an ABC ROYGBV booklet. This side that you see to the left is Red-Orange-Yellow-Green-Blue-
Violet (ROYGBV) with alphabetical stamping over it. Sorry I don't remember off-hand the company that made the alphabet stamp - it might have been MaVinci. I can check if anyone is interested.

Then on the inside I did a totally different technique. The image is above on the right. I used a pen to create patterns around the "ABC" "XYZ" - then I folded the punch cards accordian-style, and bound the two together with funky fibers and ended the fibers with beads. I like the way it came out.

I also wanted to share today my love of polymer clay art, and my love of the work of Frida Kahlo. I do tend to be somewhat "feminist" in my tastes; I am always extra-motivated to support women artists - I especially like it when a woman calls herself a "womyn" - thereby dropping the reference to men. I'm not sure why I like this; I have been married - to a man - (lol) for nearly 27 years and I have two beautiful daughters who are both adults (ages 22 and 18).

Well - enough for the moment. I really welcome comments!
Kathie

No comments: