Sunday, July 22, 2007

Last one out is a rotten avocado...

It's impossible to think about trying to be interesting without thinking about how my life has been centered in this "small city" of less than 10,000 people for over 25 years. Not my hometown; it is my dh's (dear husband) hometown and his mom is still here and alive 'n kickin' - at age 81 she lives about 2 miles from us...so we are still tied to town...

And now that both my girls are graduates of the high school, in a town that has so much "town pride" that they gave out over $170,000 (!) of scholarships to graduating seniors this year, well, it appears that I will be forever associated with this town. And I need to get going on the business that I have been, pretty much half-heartedly, trying to establish since 1999. PurpleOrchardArts. I've had a website or two, neither being active at the moment. I do calligraphy, graphic design, and multi-media artwork. All by special commission, although I do some work just for the hell of it.

I also find myself spending alot of time involved in swaps in yahoo groups, which actually are alot of fun. I finished a zine recently for a 7 for 7 zine swap; I'm looking forward to seeing what I get in return. Should be soon.

And I did a little contest on my B_R_A_G yahoo group and now have 3 winners to send stuff to. So I need to get on the ball for that.

So - enough said for today. Let's get busy...!

No comments: